The Pro’s Closet
Last Updated: March 6, 2018
Welcome to The Pro’s Closet.
1. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information that, either alone or in combination with other information, identifies you. When we combine other information (i.e., information that does not, on its own, identify you) with your Personal Information, we treat the combined information as Personal Information.
2. How We Collect and Use Personal Information
A. Information that You Provide Us
We process Personal Information that you provide through your use of the Site, such as your name, home address, and email address. We also process payment information, via third-party service providers, if you choose to purchase products through the Site.
Before we can sell your bike, we require you to provide government-issued identification information (e.g., a driver’s license). We use this information to help do our part to fight bike theft and to meet applicable legal requirements.
B. Information We Receive from Your Use of the Site
We collect the following types of information through your use of the Site:
- Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar technologies
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of device identifiers. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. If you disable cookies or device identifiers, you may continue to receive advertisements, but these advertisements will no longer be tailored to you. Please review your help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
Without an industry or legal standard of interpreting Do Not Track Signals (“DNT”) sent to us by your browser, we do not respond to DNT signals at this time. To learn more about how DNT works, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com/.
- Log File Information:
When you use our Site, our servers automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Site), number of clicks, and how you interact with links on the Site, domain names associated with your internet service provider, pages viewed, and other such information (collectively, “Log File Information”). We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. We use Log File Information collected from our implementation of the Site to further our legitimate interests in securing the Site by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities, and in analyzing the effectiveness of our Site to improve the Site’s function and content.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
This section describes to whom we disclose Personal Information, and for what purposes:
- Our Service Providers. We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing the Site, such as Shopify, ChannelAdvisor, Help Scout, Klaviyo, Shippo, and Yotpo Reviews. We take appropriate measures to help ensure that our service providers provide the same level of protection for your Personal Information as we do.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, an analytics service to help us analyze the traffic on the Site. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of Personal Information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps.”
- Advertising: We engage advertising services to assist us in advertising our brand and Site. From time to time, those services target advertisements on third-party websites based on cookies or other information indicating previous interaction with the Site.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisition Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of TPC or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Site, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts: We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person. We may also disclose Personal Information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION TRANSFERRED FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S.
5. HOW WE PROTECT THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Site secure.
Despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as so-called hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
TPC does not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child without parental consent, we will promptly take steps to delete that information.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
We provide you with access to—and the ability to amend or delete—certain categories of Personal Information through the My Account Details page. Our opt-out features, described in Section 8, also enable you to object to certain processing activities.
If you would like to access, amend, erase, export, or object to or restrict the processing of, your Personal Information, you may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
Depending on where you live, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning your Personal Information. We encourage you to first reach out to us at email@example.com, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
8. OPTING OUT
We may send notifications, newsletters, promotions, or other information via email (“Communications”). You may choose to stop receiving Communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email you receive. Please note that certain Site-related Communications are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Site and you may not have the ability to opt out of those Communications.
9. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
10. OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Site, including the information or content contained within them. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing your Personal Information to third parties.
12. HOW TO CONTACT US