Q: What are the advantages of selling a bike through The Pro’s Closet?
A: Selling a bike can be a stressful and difficult transaction. We want to change that for you! Our strong reputation in the cycling community, combined with years of expertise, allows us to pay you top dollar for your bike quickly and easily, and provide you peace of mind. The care and time we put into each bike ensure we offer a superior pre-owned product to your bike’s next owner while making your transaction hassle-free.
Q: What are the options for selling my bike, frame or wheelset?
A: Your quote will include three options to sell your item:
- Store Credit: The best choice if you are looking to trade-in your bike, frame or wheelset in exchange for another bike or product from The Pro's Closet.
- Trade-UP: The best choice if you have your eye on a new bike at a local shop.
- Cash Offer: The simplest way to turn your item into cash.
Please note: Your offer cannot be split across offer types, nor can it be changed once your item has been received.
Q: How and when is payment provided?
A: Once your bike or item arrives at our facility and our intake mechanics have inspected it and cleared it for damage, your payment will be sent to you. Typically this takes 3 business days.
- Store credit: Gift cards redeemable at The Pro's Closet are issued within two business days of item arrival and inspection. However, we understand you may want to buy and sell at the same time because we have limited quantities and sizes in stock. In this case, please purchase the bike you want right away. Once we receive and inspect your trade-in item, we will issue your gift card. Please contact our Ride Guides at 866-401-9636 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have this gift card applied to a purchase made in the prior two weeks.
- Trade-UP: Vouchers redeemable at any of our Trade-UP partners are issued within three business days of item arrival and inspection.
- Cash Offer: Cash offers are paid via PayPal. Paypal payments are sent directly to your account email. Payment will be issued within three business days of item arrival and inspection.
Please note: Trade-UP and store credit offers are not redeemable for cash value.
Q: Who Covers Shipping?
- Store Credit: Your offer price includes the use of our shipping label at no charge. Your bike is insured with our carrier, although any damages resulting from shipment will be reimbursed only if the bike was properly packaged and is at the sole discretion of our carrier. At this time we are unable to send a bike box or packing material. We strongly discourage the use of 3rd-party packing stations.
- Trade-UP: The retail partner you select will take care of boxing and shipment.
- Cash Offer: Your offer price includes the use of our shipping label at no charge. Your bike is insured with our carrier, although any damages resulting from shipment will be reimbursed only if the bike was properly packaged and is at the sole discretion of our carrier. At this time we are unable to send a bike box or packing material. We strongly discourage the use of 3rd-party packing stations.
Q: Are upgrades taken into account in the offer?
A: We use experienced industry insiders to carefully inspect each bike submitted, component by component, allowing us to accurately assess a bike that may be worth more than a stock build. Rather than using an algorithm, this method ensures we can account for custom builds and expensive aftermarket upgrades.
Please submit your bike in the configuration you wish to sell it so we can give you the most accurate offer.
Q: How long is the offer valid?
A: Our offers stand for 3 days to ensure the most competitive quote.
Q: How long will it take to get an offer on my bike?
A: We will return a valuation as soon as possible, often within one business day.
Q: Is the offer on my bike negotiable?
A: No. Our team of expert buyers researches each submitted item individually and performs daily market analysis so we can initially put forward our best offer.
Q: Can I drop off my bike, or do I have to ship it?
A: All items must be shipped in with the provided shipping label that is emailed to you after you accept your offer. We are not currently offering local drop-offs, even for Boulder County residents.
Q: What does The Pro’s Closet look for during their inspection?
A: Our trained mechanics are looking for issues that would deem the bicycle unsellable such as structural flaws in the frame or wheels or damage that affects carbon. We are less concerned with normal wear and tear.
Q: Does the offer include small accessories such as pedals, cages, lights, etc?
A: You may keep these items as they are not included in the final price unless specifically discussed in the offer. All small parts will be removed and discarded upon receipt of the bike. We are unable to return pedals, computer mounts, bottle cages or other accessories that are left on the bike.
Q: Why does The Pro’s Closet collect my ID information?
A: We are a committed industry leader and advocate for bicycle theft prevention. Every bicycle we inspect is verified by the owner’s ID and bicycle serial number. Your information will be kept confidential and secure.
Q: Can I sell gear aside from bikes?
A: Yes, we are also evaluating frames and wheels. However, we are not making offers on apparel, accessories, components, bike trainers or stationary bikes at this time.
Please note: We are only purchasing bikes that had an original MSRP of $1500.
For further assistance, please contact email@example.com