Q: What is TPC looking to Purchase?
Q: How and when is payment provided?
We strive to make the TradeUp voucher process as easy as possible for you and your customers. Once we receive, inspect, and complete the submission we issue checks weekly.
In order to protect your shop’s bottom line, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ISSUE A TRADEUP VOUCHER BEFORE WE RECEIVE AND COMPLETE OUR INSPECTION.
Q: What does the submission status mean?
Your customer will see these 6 steps outlined in their user profile. Above outlines the “happy” path for a submission that results in a TradeUp voucher.
Item Submitted: Your submission has been successfully created for our purchasing team to review. Here are the 2 statuses you will see in the item submitted category.
- Initiated: Submission created, awaiting review by our purchasing team for a potential offer.
- Declined: Submission does not meet our purchase criteria.
- Offer Proposed: Offer made by our purchasing team on the submission.
Acceptance Pending: Validating seller's information and serial number. If the information is incorrect we will put the submission back to “proposed” with a note outlining what they need to correct.
Get Ready to Ship: The seller information is validated and the customer is instructed to deliver the bike to your shop to confirm it is not damaged and package the bike. Please use the pre-paid shipping label supplied to you in the email.
Item Received: Your item has been received and is undergoing cleaning and inspection.
- Complete: Payment to the customer has been completed
In the case we receive a damaged bike from our TradeUp partner, you may see either an amended offer or a failed offer under the "Item Received" status.
Amended offers: We accept the bike but require additional work for resale, resulting in a revised offer. Extensive carbon repair or damaged wheels are common reasons for amending offers.
- Damage is found by our intake team during the “Received” status on your submission page.
- We will reach out to the customer and the shop contact on file, outlining that we have found damage that will require our offer to be amended. If the customer agrees to the amendment, we will send them a new proposal reflecting the revised offer for the bike.
- Customer declines offer: If the customer verbally declines to accept our offer we will put the submission to the “Failed” status and will return the bike to your customer.
- Customer accepts offer: if the customer accepts the amended offer, you will see the updated amount in your dealer account. We will then proceed to complete the submission, and your customer will receive payment accordingly.
Failed offers: These are offers in which we cannot accept the submitted bike due to extensive damage, and will fail your submission. The bike will be shipped back to the customer.
In order to protect your shop’s bottom line, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ISSUE A TRADEUP VOUCHER BEFORE THE COMPLETE STATUS.
Q: What types of Carbon Damage will cause us to amend or Fail a submission?
Q: What types of wheel Damage will cause TPC to amend a submission?
Front Range TradeUp Dealers
We will no longer be offering a Courier for our local dealers. Local dealers can deliver their TradeUp submissions to our Louisville location or use the pre-paid shipping label to ship the bike to us.
Please note that all TradeUp submissions are subject to our Terms of Service